Louisa County is in the southeastern corner of Iowa. It’s also bordered by the Mississippi River and is the smallest County by population of the Quad-Counties. The county seat is Wapello. One of the factors that makes Louisa County unique is the high rate of a language other than English spoken in homes, 15% according to the U.S. Census Bureau. That’s more than double the rate of the average in Iowa. For more information about the County, visit their website here.
- Population, as of the 2010 Census: 11,387, 67th largest population in Iowa
- Persons under 18 years old: 23.9%
- Persons under 5 years old: 5.3%
- High school graduate or higher, percent of persons age 25+, ‘09-13: 83.3%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, percent of persons age 25+, ‘09-13: 13.5%
- Homeownership rate, ’09-13: 78.6%
- Median household income, ’09-13: $50,583
- Percentage of persons below poverty level, ’09-13: 12.2%
For more information go here.
Communities within Lee County
- Columbus City
- Columbus Junction
- Morning Sun